In the WS19/20, the student self-administration in our tower has transformed into the registered non-profit association (eingetragener, gemeinnütziger Verein) OPH e.V. Whether you are a new resident or not: if you use the internet, the washing machines or any of the AG services, you have to become a member for the duration of your stay in OPH.
- Either fill out and sign the registration form digitally, and send it to the house speakers email@example.com (subject 'Aufnahmeaantrag' or 'registration'),
- print/get a printout from...
- ...and put the filled and signed version into the letterbox Otto-Petersen-Haus e.V. (letterboxes window-facing side, middle, top, number 1805).
As stated on the form, membership involves a membership fee (Mitgliedsbeitrag). The membership fee page explains how payment works.
If you need assistance, don't hesitate to ask your neighbors or any of the contact persons listed above.
This is what you sign and hand in. Residents check the box 'ordentliche', NOT 'außerordentliche' Mitgliedschaft.
These other documents are mentioned in the form.
- The Datenschutzerklärung (data privacy statement), https://rwth-aachen.sciebo.de/s/xaNB4nWNmLhwxY8
- the Satzung (the charter),
- and the Geschäftsordnung (rules of procedure).
And this is just for info.
- Kurzinfo zum Verein (FAQ about the new structure of the self-administration).
Q: I am moving out for good. What happens to my membership?
A: Then your membership ends automatically. Unless you tell us otherwise explicitly (e.g. if you want to stay connected to or keep supporting your old student dorm; there is also the option to switch your membership into an extraordinary membership (außerordentliche Mitgliedschaft), which is free of charge).
Q: I am a subtenant (Untermieter). Do I need to register?
A: Note: As of 08.10.2020, subtenancy is still forbidden by the Studierendenwerk due to the Corona pandemic. Yes, if you use any of the provided services. Regardless of whether you or your main tenant has paid for them.